Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dengue

Hello! This is my first time Blogging!

My son, 15months old, had Dengue Fever about 4 weeks ago. It started on Feb.13, Valentines day weekend and my poor heart sank as his fever reaced 104 and only came down to 101 with ibuprophen. This lasted for 5 days consistently. He didn't really sleep, and neither did I. He didn't eat and he preferred to be carrried as standing on his legs hurt him terribly.

It was a horrendous ordeal, but he has survived.

My husband, Michael, had it also in November 2010. His fever lasted longer, and he was in tremendous pain. I have known him for 14 years now, and never experienced him so down.

Our three year old daughter and myself have not gotten this bite, and I doubt we will. I am super vigalent now about keeping us guarded.

I am now selling avon, because they have a deet free Bug Guard in easy to carry wipes. These work great and I feel comfortable putting it on all of us. If you want a sample, email me, or check out my online store at www.youravon.com/heatherbarnes

I would love to hear about your experiences with Dengue. I am so grateful we have a venue to get info out about this mosquito. We need to Band Together to get rid of these critters!

Be Bite Free!
Heather Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment